tractor trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by texas, Feb 19, 2006.

1. texas

texas LawnSite Member

could i haul my 790 JD on my soon to be 20*7 open? w/ a bushhog, hoe, or lift?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. texas

texas LawnSite Member

cmon
    :) :)

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

maby what the gvw of the trailer? and the weight of the machine

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My first concern would be weight. I used a 20' landscape trailer with two 3500 lb. axles with my New Holland TC-33DA and front-end loader. It didn't take long before I knew I was pushing my luck if this kept up. Traded it in and bought a 20' landscape trailer with 5000 lb. axles. Pulls better, larger brakes, and 2 5/16" ball. Much better.

As for size, the only time I can't fit the tractor and front-end loader up there would be if I also needed the bush hog. When would I really need both? :confused: Front-end loader with box blade, post-hole digger, scrape blade, or landscape rake: no problem. When I'm bush hogging, I do back the tractor onto the trailer instead of facing forward. This allows me to center the tractor over the axles without the bush hog hanging off the back.

5. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

If your 7x20 has a 7000 GVWR, it will handle a JD 790 with a hoe, but you wouldn't want to haul a whole lot more than that. If it has a 10,000 GVWR, no problem at all. I've hauled a Kubota B21 with hoe on my 7000 lb. 7x16, but it loads it up pretty good.