Tractor tricks or fun with friends

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wroughtn_harv, Jan 20, 2005.

1. wroughtn_harv

wroughtn_harv LawnSite Member

Some of us look at our tractors as friends, even family. Sorta kinda like the way we look at our pets.

Others have employees. They can be like family too. But more of the in-law kind.

And tractors like pets can have distinct and unique personalities. Not unlike their owners is a common observation.

Iris my JCB 165HF is a good example.

The other day a bud came by and his dog was showing off by attempting hand stands. Bigger than heck the next day Iris tried it too.

Attached Files:

2. wroughtn_harv

Iris is a squatty body. Squatty bodies don't do gymnastics very gracefully. Well, they don't appear to do gymnastics gracefully.

Attached Files:

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Is that thing suck as well as tipped?

4. wroughtn_harv

Now it would have been better if she'd let me know what she had in mind before she pulled this almosto endo. One minute I'm cleaning up where the 416B had rutted up the area because it's sandy soil and the water table is about three feet down. And the next I'm laughing like crazy at her antics.

Of course inbetween the calm and the giggles was this heart in the throat and fifty year flashback event. BTW the only regrets from my recall was recent. I'm not the repenting type.

Lucky the Cat was close and after some justly deserved name calling about skid steers lent a hand.

Attached Files:

5. wroughtn_harv

I wish I could say that's the only time Iris's antics have gotten us in trouble. It isn't. But with talent comes opportunity. And with opportunity comes risk. And risk is that board you walk across to get the other side of the waterfalls for reward.

Iris likes to lift things. It's sorta like the way a retriever goes after sticks or a pit wants to hold on when in a fight.

The other day she want after a forty foot telephone pole.

Yup, standing up too.

Image001.jpg

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

funny stuff i like it more tricks :waving:

7. wroughtn_harv

She isn't stupid, just talented.

So she did wait until after the power company had removed their stuff. And she did drill a sixteen inch hole seven feet deep besides the challenging chunk of wood.

Image007.jpg

8. wroughtn_harv

Biting off more than you can chew is almost as awkward as grabbing almost more than you can carry.

Even for tractor tricking one oh one.

Image014.jpg

9. wroughtn_harv

The true judge of talent is when one can fix what one broke. Or put up what one took down.

Image026.jpg

10. wroughtn_harv

If it was easy or simple anyone could do it. Right?

Image033.jpg