Tractor work

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by morningstar, Jan 19, 2005.

1. morningstar

morningstar LawnSite Member

I will be retiring in a few years and want to do something to keep busy and feel like I'm getting something done. I feel I would enjoy lawn care but worry about being able to keep up the pace necessary for that type of business. Being an old farm boy, the thought of working with a compact tractor doing grading, tilling, and light excavation work is appealing. I don't know of many or any for that matter doing that type of work in this area. Any suggestions for following up on this idea?

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Break up gardens, leveling off sites for small sheds and garages, small clearing jobs, bushhogging, and reseeding pastures and stuff would be what I would do.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Get you a small tractor, bushog, box blade and tiller and start making money.

BTW, what part of ky are you located in?

4. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

Depends on the area.If you have a lot of farmland around everyone has a tractor. I live in an area of about 500,000 and i got 3 neighbors i can ask to do tractor work for the price iof diesel. But they are small yards also that is where you should concentrate your advetising. Ive got a few nieghbors with one acre yardas and have tractors.