Tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by thelawnkid, May 13, 2004.

1. thelawnkid

thelawnkid LawnSite Member

Towards the end of the season I am going to be buying around 10 acres of land, and I will want to buy a tractor. When I am not using the tractor on my land I will be wanting to use it to make some money. I will want to do some brush hogging, post holes, loader work, grading, and other miscelanious things. How much income do you think that I can make with the tractor. I was thinking about a john deer with around 50 to 70 horsepower(OVERKILL FOR 10 ACRES, but thats me) I also want the bigger tractor, because me and my friends tend to get stuck in the mud with our trucks alot, and thats about the smallest tractor that can pull my truck out when I get really stuck. And do you guys have any other ideas as to any more services that I could do.

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

New or used and how much you want to spend. And do you have a truck and trailer to transport it.

3. thelawnkid

thelawnkid LawnSite Member

My F250 should be able to pull it, but I doin't have a trailer big ehough for a tractor. I was thinking about buying a huge goosneck trailer. How will my truck pull a tractor, the most I have ever pulled was my lawn equipment. The truck is a 2000 F250 Powerstroke diesel 4X4 (just got it, not bad for a 17 year old) What size trailer should I get, if I want to put a brush hog 15ft, and the tractor(John Deere 5520).Thanks