Discussion in 'Tractors' started by MuskTurfKing, Apr 6, 2002.

1. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Well, in spirit of the new forum, I'll ask some questions.

How many of you actually own tractors, garden, lawn, compact, etc?

What you use them for? Mowing? Implements? Pulling aerators?

If so how you like it?

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Here goes,
    Landscape tractors, New Holland 30- 55 hp
    Pulls, landscape rakes, grader boxes, laser grading boxes, mowes, tillers, slit seeders, and power rakes.
    Quad, pulls one or two 16 cu yd pans, have pulled a chisle plow with it once.
    All my tractors are bare (no loaders)
    Couldn't do my job without them:)

No Garden Tractors if thats what you want to call them :)
  3. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 LawnSite Member

AC 5020 21hp deisel with a 60" mower and a Trac-Vac, pulling a 36 bu. cart. Also have a 60" scrapper blade and a 60" snowblower.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i have a 16 hp craftsman tractor that is about 22 or 23 years old, i have a snow plow on it that i used one time over the winter, i have a 44'' triple blade deck that i used one time to mow 5 acres, i also have a 10 cu ft dump wagon (major use) that i use for moving mulch, soil, rocks, straw or whatever else around.
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

I just ordered JD GX 325 lawn and garden tractor with 54" deck. It is the same as the 300 Series tractors, it is just that it is labelled a little differently now on newer JD lawn and garden tractors. I can put many kinds of attachements on this tractor, like wagon, bagger, tiller, etc. I am sure that it will be a great tractor!
  6. Greenie

Greenie LawnSite Member

At home I have a JD 790 with a mid mount 60" mower, backhoe and bucket.
    At work it's a JD 4200 with a rear 60" finish mower, bush hog, landscaping rake, forks and bucket.
    The rear finish mower does an amazingly good job but it is work in tight areas.
    I have a JD 355D with a 48" deck coming in next week, can't wait to try it out.
  7. mud_man93

mud_man93 LawnSite Member

i have a hole bunch of garden tractors my faviort is the 1985 craftsman 18 twin tons of power i have plowed snow the stock plows only last about 2 storms working on a BETTER plow , mowed, logged built my own attachment, tilled, harrowed,i have a garden plow, went mudden,usd to do tractor pulls at the local fair. right now the ony things that is still any good is the mortor frame is craked in more than one place trany is only 3 speeds in sted of 6 by the end of the week it should up and running hopefully just in time to do yard work!
  8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

The closest thing I have to a Tactor is an OLD Snapper rear engine 8hp rider and its nopt even running right now. It was the first mower I ran , Used to spend couple days a week mowing around the farm when I was a kid. I want a REAL TRACTOR soon. I grew up driving Farmalls so I'd prefer one of them ( an H or an M) but its not in the budget yet. I gotta get someything soon cause I had to scoop the drive by hand a few times this winter, I never want to do that again.
  9. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

Two compacts, John Deere 955 and 1050. Attachments include5' and 6' rotary mowers (bush hog); JD 25A flail mower; JD 90 boom mount flail mower; 5' Howse box blade and a 6' snowblower.

Other: Craftsman 18 hp garden tractor; DR Field & Brush mower

10. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

We have a 97 Wards with 20hp briggs and 46" deck also an 88 Cub Cadet with 12.5hp Briggs and a 38" deck. We use them around our house to pull the log splitter and wagon for firewood. Also we kept them around just incase our walkbehinds break down but that don't happen much. Hopefully we will be getting rid of them soon to make room in the garage for our shiny new ZTR.