Trade Hydro for belt sulky.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Nov 22, 2001.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I ask why you want to trade? What type of mower are using it on? I thik the fixed (hydro) sulkies are best for hydro mowers and even belt drives if you do much backing. The trailing types just jackknife whenever you try to back up (exept the "Velkie X2", it spins around under the connecting arm).

3. shearbolt

I bought it for a belt drive thinking the same thing. I guess I'm just used to the other design. We never back up with our belt drives.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I will admit that with my belt drive 36, It actually seems easier to turn when on my "Jungle Wheels" . The turning platform gives me leverage to help push the handles on around. Still wishing for a hydro, maybe next year.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have that same sulky. I love it. Use it behind both hydro and belt. Works good with both. I like having myself always right behind the controls and able to see everything going into a turn.

6. shearbolt

Hoss , My Turf Rider doesn't hold hills at all like my Jungle wheels. Also I have to turn very slowly or else I'm catapulted like a waterskier. The belt sulky allows me to turn almost at full speed because it cuts down on the radius of the turn. Please someone take my Turf Rider!

7. I would be happy to take it off your hands.

Box it up. Ship it UPS COD for $100 and you pay the freight.

E-mail me thru lawnsite and I will give you an address for delivery.

8. casey

casey Guest

Are you sure that is a good idea? You may get a letter bomb.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure why yours has a problem. By design it always stays entirely behind the mower. So hills are never a problem. If the mower holds the hill so does my sulky. I love spinning mine. Its a lot of fun to zip around. Each person is different though.

10. shearbolt

Hoss, The very thing that makes the Hydro sulky able to back up also affects the ability to hold hills. Castor wheels. I'm not trying to convince you to change sulkys. I'm the idiot for buying it for my belt drive since it's the hills that the w/b have to mow on my accounts. The riders do the flat mowing. Trust me the Jungle wheels hold those hills much better. Hey, if I used Hydro w/bs exclusively I'd use the Turf rider on the ones that cut the flats so I could back up.