1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trade JD 318 for Zero Turn recommendation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by it_jason, Aug 6, 2010.

1. it_jason

it_jason LawnSite Member

I am selling my John Deere 318 Tractor 50" deck and Snow blower attachment, along with it's accessories. Someone has offered an even trade for the tractor - A Dixon 5502 (760 hours). And offered $400 for my blower, weights and chains. I have a rebuilt motor Onan and the tractor has 1046 hours.

Is this a good deal? I am wanting to get a Zero turn. The brands I had been looking at are Hustler , Scag , Ferris , Gravley , EXmark. I don't know much about the Dixon.

2. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Look at John Deere Z900. If you search it on Lawnsite , the mower has great reviews.
  3. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would NOT trade a 318 for a dixon. Deere, exmark, and Scag (in that order) would be my choices for a Ztr
  4. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

Thats a nice JD , I have a customer with the same unit except the snowblower is a full hydraulic unit he bought the tractor/mower/snowblower new in 1986ish for almost 8,000 dollars that was big money back then, I hope to own it some day but he is not ready to sell.........

Good luck with your ztr search

btw I have 3 ztr's but sometimes I wish I had a tractor too as tractors are so much more diverse a ztr can only cut the lawn and bag a lawn.
  5. it_jason

it_jason LawnSite Member

Thank you for your recommendations. Yesturday, I did an even trade for a 2009 Gravley ZT 2450. I will miss the tractor (especially this winter), and excited to mow for the first time on a ZTR.