1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trade Lesco Walk Behind for Standon or ZTR

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by kwwolfe, Nov 12, 2013.

1. kwwolfe

kwwolfe LawnSite Senior Member

Well leason learned. I really wanted to try and walk behind with sulky and got one. I have only used it a couple of times now (I know it will take getting used to) but I not sure if walk behinds are for me.

My back acre has more bumps than I had noticed when riding. Any how, is a Lesco 48" fixed deck with 17hp Kawisaki (bought it off LS). Has 54hrs on it. New battery and absolutley perfect condition. Runs great

I'm looking to trade for a stand on or even sit down zero turn. If I don't sell now, no big deal. I could wait until spring but I thought I would throw it out there in case anyone is looking.
  2. kwwolfe

Try this picture loading thing again.:hammerhead:

3. kwwolfe

By the way. I know this really isnt the forum, but if anyone has any suggestions that might make using pistol grips easier I'm all ears. The most trouble I had was keeping my lines straight. Didn't have this problem with either stader I owned. Seemed to come second nature to me.

Pistol grips are a whole different animal though. Would it make things easier if I got a caster sulky instead of a trailer? That way I could just concentrate on the stripe instead of the wiggling around? If I could get comfortable I might keep it. Its fast that's for sure.
  4. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't get much cleaner than this! Bump!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

6. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

How much to just to sell
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. kwwolfe

Sent pm
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. kwwolfe

Still looking
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. kwwolfe

I was thinking about this last night. I would also trade for a walk behind with z type controls. I have seen some walk behinds with them. I think that would solve my problem. The lesco cuts and stripes really well.

There isn't anyway to convert it is there?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Toro, Gravely and some John Deere mowers had the z controls. Actually, if you spend a little time with the Lesco you will probably get the hang of it. Exmark has the ECS which is an alternate to pistol grips while not a true z control.
    ericg likes this.