Trade Magazines

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Without A Drought, May 19, 2008.

1. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have any good suggestions for Irrigation mags? I currently get the IA irrigation and green, and lawn and landscape. both offer nothing more than fluff geared at the homeowner and joe lawnboy. i usually end up learning more about the new propane powered zero turn than current issues in irrigation.

pg

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I also get those too. You are correct , they are aimed at the novice. As the saying goes, those that can do , those that cant teach or write.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never liked that saying. It's just too broad a brush.

There are some fine teachers out there who accumulated a lot of experience in the field first. I've run into a couple at the community college level.

And of course there are the informal teachers or mentors I've benefited from along my way.

I think it just takes a certain personality type who can both do the work well and show others how it's done.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Most teachers Ive met understand the mechanics, understand the concept of business. Most also cannot do it and be profitable.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I like PRO also, a few decent articles on green biz in general. Mostly fluff and ads, like theh others.

6. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Or watch IrrigationTV.