1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trade show and Seminar here in Charlotte...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jan 1, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

The Mecklenburg County Extension Office and the Carolina Grounds Management Association has partnered together to provide you with a wide array of topics and speakers covering Ornamental Weed Control, Herbaceous, Perennials, Insect Borders, Tall FescueManagement, Insecticides, & Top Ten Landscape Problems. You will have the opportunity to meet with vendors selling equipment, plants, turf care products, etc. Cost is only $25 which includes a buffet lunch!

The speakers include:
    Dr. Joel Neal - Ornamental Weed Control
    Dr. Dennis Werner - Herbaceous Perennials
    John MacNair - Insects
    Dr. Art Bruneau - Tall Fescue Management
    Dr. Jim Baker - Insecticides: Properties and Uses
    Jim Monroe - Top Ten Landscape Problems
    There will be three hours of pesticide credits in Ornamentals and Turf.

During the lunch hour Mike Vaughan will be leading Sprayer/Sprayer Calibration which will give an extra hour of pesticide credit.

For full details including registration form and directions click here... http://www.thecgma.com
  2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey do you cut lawns for any NASCAR drivers in
    Charlotte NC
  3. KirbysLawn

No, most of them live on the lake on the other side of the county. Maybe Scott does?

4. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

Ray, How does this show compare to the turfgrass show in Charlotte next week ? I haven't been to a show yet but I have some down time now to do a little traveling. Thanks.
  5. KirbysLawn

Can't honestly answer the questionon comparing, wasn't very active last year. I do know the CGMA show will get you a total of 5 credits for your NC pesticide license if you need it alson with lunch for $25, not bad.

6. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Ray -- where and when is this show being held?

Do you have to pre-register?
  7. KirbysLawn

Click the link at the bottom of my first post, it will take you to the CGMA website and all that stuff is there.

8. KirbysLawn

The show is in a week, let me know if any of you are coming, send me an email.