Trade show help!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Landscapes8988, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if you guys had any pics or ideas for my booth at a local home show i will be in. booth size will be 8ftx15ft-20ft hardscapes, water features :usflag:

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

C'mon now......if you can't design a trade show booth, how on earth do you design a job for a client :)

3. Landscapes8988

Oh i'm sorry i forgot you know everything. First off its tottally different then doing a job. You want to spend little money and you can't bring in stone and dirt dumbass. If you don't have any ideas why you even bother with my post? Get a life! Was just looking for some ideas to catch customers eyes. But apparently your heads up your ass and you can't see that. Don't have anything good to say then mind your own ******* business! :cool2:

4. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

6. Landscapes8988

thank you guys

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

LOL

You can call me every name in the book, remember, I'm an employer - I get called names every day :)

Seriously, this is the problem with guys dabbeling in hardscapes.

They wanna lay pavers and block - yet they lack creativity, and have no understanding of the elements of design.

But hey! Thanks to the internet, all ya gotta do is log on and someone will be kind enough to tell someone exactly what ta-do! I also love the "how much to charge" threads.

Wanna do a trade show booth?? Ok, well what do you do? It's simple, dude. If you do pavers, water features, and planting.........THEN INCLUDE SUCH THINGS IN THE BLASTED DISPLAY!!!!! Lay it out just like one would for a small, confined property.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

James, whatcha got planned for this yr. ?

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

One tip is to visit other shows and take a camera. I might head out of state to see what some other guys are doing.

I have a 40x15 space to work with this yr.....Have design pretty much down.
    Trying to come up with something different.

Sometimes what I see in a booth that catches my eye doesnt always catch a homeowners eyes.

10. Fiano Landscapes

Fiano Landscapes LawnSite Member

We were one of three companies chosen to be part of The Belgard Challenge at our show. Here are some of the pictures from our booth. We had I believe 60-70,000 people through the competition. They vote on their way out for their favorite booth. We won, and now get to go back this year for free. Hopefully we can win again. We have a very nice design for this year.

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0277.jpg

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0285.jpg

P3160335.jpg