Trade Shows

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobslawncare, Dec 20, 2005.

1. bobslawncare

bobslawncare LawnSite Member

I am in the midwest (3 hours west of Chicago) and I am looking for a good trade show for lawn care. Any suggestions?
  2. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

There are 2 upcoming in ohio. jan 23-26 cents show in columbus.
    another on at IX center in cleveland feb. or march? For your area not sure. call your illinois landscaping association and ask them.
  3. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

Illinois landscape contractors association # 1-630-472-2851
    There is an upcoming show called the mid am trade show in chicago jan 18-20, but ive never been there and dont know anything about it.
  4. Here one in Louisville on January 5-6 at thr fairgrounds.
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure how far your willing to travel, but theres going to be one in Grand Rapids, MI on jan. 11. Would probably be atleast 5-6 hour drive for you though.
  6. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

The mid am show is an excellent show for landscaping. There are a ton of exhibitors for equipment, nursery stock and such.

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Tanaka will be exhibiting again at Mid-Am. See you there!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

There are two major ones every year. The one that is mostly equipment in Louieville every year and the other being the GIE (Green Industry Expo) which travel year to year. Next year I believe it's in Columbus, Ohio. The GIE has over 70 different seminars you can attend over a 4 day period. You only have time to go to about 10 different ones....or so. I went to a small re-certification one in KC a few weeks ago and it was dinky. I definetely would not have gone to that one just for the expo, unless maybe if I lived in KC and didn't needed to get certified. They too offered a lot of various seminars to attend.
  9. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Procut! Hows the one there in michigan? Or if anyone else knows please let me know. Also how are the ones there in Ohio? Cloumbus and them have got some nice bars with some really nice women in them!!:drinkup:
  10. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

I too have been to MidAm, and it is a great show. Jan 18-20 in 06