1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Traded/Sold My 36" for $675 + Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Sep 6, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, I traded my 36" gravely for $675 and a RedMax 430 (its one in the 400's). i was originally going to sell the 36 for 500, but i thought why not try to get 7. so i told him 7, and then he said he had an extra blower laying around, so i got it and took $25 off the price.

but what i want to know, is this a decent blower? it doesnt seem as powerful as my stihl mag 420, but hell, for $25 at least one person isnt standing around anymore!
  2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

I am shopping for some stronger blowers too. I am in the process of selling off the Echo PB46T's that we picked up cheap several years ago. We were running John Deere BP50's but would like to try something stronger. The local dealer just got their new JD BP60's in and he is going to give me one for a week to demo. Here are the specs:

MODEL BP60 Backpack Blower

CC's 59.2 cc

Without Tubes 740 cfm

With Tubes 517 cfm

MPH 201 mph

Weight (lb.) 21.8 lbs

Power per lb. (cfm+mph/wt.) 32.9

Fuel Capacity (oz.) 67.6 oz

Commercial Warranty 1 year

Anyone else make a suggestion on a nice strong blower?
  3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well im not in need of something stronger, my stihl mag 420 is one BAD A$$ Machine.... the redmax isnt nearly as powerful, but that doesnt need i have to go get one that is, the way i look at it, for $25 i increased my productivity to have both men one a blower and get done a tad faster, but i will probably get one of the new redmax 8000's because i was planing on getting a second blower for fall cleanup. but maybe ill wait until next year and let them work out any flaws in it sense its the first year, or let its competitors put more powerful blowers out in the market. :blob3:
  4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, you got RIPPED off!!! A new eb8000 is $550, the biggest blower on the market.

I wish i new the mower was for sale, i need a small w.b..
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

so how did he get robbed $25 for a blower is pretty good. Now if he got ripped on the trade in value, but I dont' have enough information to know that.

But I do know that I have 2 36" mowers that could be for sale. PM me if you have interest.
  6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Opps, i mis-read, So soory Preimer. :angel: