1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trader Rating

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by procut, Mar 24, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Recently, I bought something from another member through the marketplace forum. The unit arrived incomplete and required $732.00 in parts before it would work properly. This got me wondering, I've seen a 'trader rating' on another V-Bulliten site. You can rank the user after doing business with them. It works similar to eBays fedback system. Anyone else think there is a benifit from this/is it a possiblity?
  2. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

Did you confront the person about it? If so... Did they offer a remedy or help with getting the item you ordered working?

Personally I think it's kind of a buyer beware type of thing when buying anything from the internet. Here or anywhere else. I'm not sure how many posts are placed daily in the marketplace forum but to me this site is about a lot of other things besides buying and selling. It seems like it would be a lot of work for the owner/admin/mods of this site to include a rating system for just a small part of such a huge site.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

he did refund part of the price, less than half of the $732.00 though. I agree, it may be something unrealistic since the market place forum isn't really that big.