Tradgic accident @ accounts house.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Jun 12, 2009.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the properties i maintain has 4 kids that live there w/ their parents. Well, it's a very nice house, family is very religous and very secluded. They don't interact w/ their neighbors(i've never seen them do it). Well, they have a pool, and it's fenced in, and on Monday their 3 y/o son got into it somehow and fell into the pool, and the parents were unaware of his presence in it. They finally found the boy floating in the pool. Called 911, and paramedics rushed him to the hospital, they performed CPR on him for 50 min straight! They got a pulse and breathing but now the boy is brain dead. If your not breathing and have no pulse for more than 6 minutes and no one is performing CPR then you start to lose brain cells rapidly, by 10 minutes if there is no CPR on the patient, then they go brain dead. I've always known something like this was gonna happen sooner or later, a lot of the times they don't know that their kids are outside, and I hate it when I'm mowing their yard and their out there playing, because i knew eventually something was gonna happen between them and one of my mowers.

2. 141 woodmann

141 woodmann LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that. Town close to me just lost a high school student. Sucks. Thoughts and Prayers

3. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

This will be very hard on the parents. They carry a burden and some never truly forgive themselves. I hope they come to peace with their loss.

4. saylorsdad

saylorsdad LawnSite Member

I teach and every year we seem to loose a kid either in our system or close to it. most of the time it was avoidable. sorry to hear about one of your clients.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

that simply SUCKS! Parents will never stop feeling guilty. Tragic accident, that could really happen to anyone.

6. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Man, what an accident, sorry to hear about that.

7. KCfireman

They are already blaming themselves.

This was easily avoidable.

It can happen to anyone. I think if i would'be been there that day, i could have performed CPR from the get-go.

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

three years ago I would have thought it was just a tragedy and went on. However now that I have two girls of my own it breaks my heart to hear of someone losing a child or a child seriously injured.

I'm with you on the parents who don't watch the kids. I have some apartments that I mow and people there do NOT watch their kids. One little boy, can't be over 3 runs in and out of the apartment the whole time I'm around his building. Rest of the time he's nowhere to be seen. PArents are usually in the apartment on the phone smoking.....just not sure what. I yell at the kid, tell the complex manager. It drives me nuts because like you I forsee the day he and I will meet at the corner of the building and I run over him.

9. KCfireman

Exactly. What's worse, when it's time for them to pay up at the end of the month they always send one of their kids out to me to give me my check.:nono: While I'm on the stander. Very dangerous.:nono: and sometimes they run out w/o any clothes on.:nono:

10. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I was just out working on one of my sprinkler heads thinking the same thing. It's funny how you look at things differently when your a parent yourself. You instantly feel the pain of a tragedy like that when you think of your own kids,. Heart breaking.