1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trading Tl150

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BOBCATZZ, Mar 28, 2008.

Poll closed Apr 9, 2008.
  1. YES

11 vote(s)
  2. NO

1 vote(s)

3 vote(s)

BOBCATZZ LawnSite Member

I know this sounds mad but i'm considering trading in my TAKA for a s330 bobcat .
    I have ran my TAKA for 1300 hours 10 months and my back is f*#@ked it has been awsome for the creek diversion and general cut/fill but working on road base and moving around large sites is a killer.
    When i use it for track construction it will build ramps and landings good but doesnt undulate as well for final shaping as a tyred machine.
    Tried the ASV cat system on a track construction job in Perth (sandy sandy) it was smoother but using it on batters i lost the tracks 4 times .
    What i wanted to know was how does this machine really perform digging grading climbing as they have not been released here in australia that long.
    And how do they perform with overtyre grouser and rubber trax and is the vts system any good? thanks.
  2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

you wont go wrong with the s330 machine is a beast
  3. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Park the 330 next to the TK and look at the differences in build, I think you will see that you will be going backwards as far as build and quality. As far as performance, the Tk will kill it as far as grading and hogging dirt, so I think you will be disappointed there too. As far as comfort the BC will be way better and so will most other tire machines. There just going to be two different machines that will excel in different areas, and it will come down to if you want A CTL or tire machine. If you put over the tire rubber tracks on the BC and try to run it like the TK I don't think they will hold up, As far as the VTS system, IT might be something to look into, but I still would not want to trust the BC drives with tracks unless they improved over the last few years.
  4. BongoJim

BongoJim LawnSite Member
    from 5

Since your down under bobcats must be good because according the the punch drinking cat cult members on here bobcat are worse than a hand shovel. I wonder why bobcat has so much marketshare? I say this to all you bobcat haters.....NIGGA PLEASE!!
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

My suggestion is on your next machine specifiy Ride Control. CASE, CAT, Gehl and BC has in the past as a dealer installed option I believe. RC is simply the best option you can put in a skid steer as far as I am concerned. It takes the bounce out of the skid steer by cushioning the loader arms, you can move faster on the jobsite and retain more material in the bucket. Demo a machine with it and your back will thank you., It has mine, every machine I order has it. Great feature.
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The Tak's are built much heaveier in the loader frames, Bobcat has used the same weak design for many years. Also, the S330 is a joke, it's an S300 with a little extra HP and bigger tires, whoop-de-doo-da.
  7. KTM

ARound here the BC dealer would want almost as much for A S330 as the TK dealer would want for the TL150
  8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

That would be hard to sell. A large tire machine for the same price of a large CTL. That doesn't sound right.
  9. KTM

Ben, have you ever priced the large BC's?, around here they are priced very high, there might be a little B.S. in what I said, but I guarantee you that A s330 loaded would be almost, if not more than my TL140 was, I priced A T300 just for comparing and it was way higher than my TK, so yes you would think that it would be a hard sell.
  10. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

a joke LOL lifts 300lbs more has more hp bigger tires gives you more height for loading.. your basically saying that a s185 is the same as a s205 no way theres a differnce.. s330 is stronger then the s300 in every single way possible