1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trading web design and development for lawncare.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Exact Rototilling, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

The story would take way to long to explain but I have the opportunity to trade lawncare - turf repair etc. for development of my website. He's very good at what he does and I've been getting really concerned about running out of time with all I need to do before the 2008 season starts and I really didn't want to get too bogged down with building a web site myself. I plan on using my web site heavily for marketing to help reel in customers.

Apparently his yard is a disaster and it's currently under 2 feet of snow so I really have no idea what I'm in for.

So . . . any tips on how to barter fairly so we are getting a fair shake?
  2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

When I barter I treat ti just like a normal transaction. I have written barter agreement explaining everything I will do and everythign they will do. We both sign it and then there are no surprises.

I usually have the person give me bid for what the project would cost and then I propose what services I could offer that would equal those services.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

that is how i came across my website. I build a paver sidewalk for him and he built my website. The next step was search engine optimization and we are trading landscaping for that.