Tragic accident

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Apr 23, 2004.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Oh man! He'll have to live with that for the rest of his life. Always been one of my biggest fears, to injure anyone.

3. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

me too... can't even imagine....

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

There's really gotta be a bunch more to this story than what we are reading. Sad, but something is wrong with the story, or the parent was at fault.

5. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

GET YOUR INSURANCE PAID UP

6. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

I know that my son (5 1/2) loves to run behind me when I mow. Everytime I see / catch him, I stop, turn off the mower and explain the dangers. I ALWAYS talk to him before I even start. He is still just a kid that loves machines. All he really wants is a ride on the mower (never w/ blades on).

That changed this year, I got a WB!

You can't fault the kid (he was 4 for g*d sake). Unfortunatly the blame is on the mower operator and day care provider.

Good reality check.

Joe

7. HGT

HGT LawnSite Member

When there are children around and machinery is running it is the responsibility of the operator to KNOW where those kids are at all times!

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I mow a daycare, the lady keeps all the kids inside till I'm done, I probably would'nt cut it if she did not do this.

9. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

Damn, thats a bad one. Stuff happens in any line of work so be careful. I wouldn't want to live with that. That man will definately need some counseling to get through that.
    :angel:

10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I never thought about that, but he will deff. need counseling. Not sure if counseling would help me, if I caused an accident like that.
    Don't know what I would do. Hope I never have to find out.