1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trail King tk20....opinions...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by childret, Nov 25, 2008.

1. childret

childret LawnSite Member

bought a new cat 277b and the trailer they are throwing in is a tk20 by trail king.... i have an f250 diesel 4x4 single rear wheel, and was wondering if it was too much of a trailer for my truck....ball park...what would that trailer be worth if i sold it outright......its gross is 20K if that helps...thanks.....
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

That trailer will weigh around 5,500-6,000 pounds, a large amount for a 3/4 ton rig and a 9,500 pound machine. For that much weight on a pickup, you want a gooseneck setup, they handle the weight a lot better. If the trailer is in good shape, I don't see any reason you can't get $6-8Kfor it. They hold their value pretty well.
  3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

If its new, go find a trailer you like at another dealership, pull the trailer straight from where you bought the CAT and trade the Trail King in on whatever you want, I would recommend a gooseneck too for that heavy of a machine..
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They are really good trailers, but a GN setup is better IMO.