trailer 6" to short for mechine,any of you had this problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Aug 13, 2001.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

my 12' trailer is 6" to short.
    my tractor and aeravator will not fit unless i extend the trailer which is no problem but it takes time.
    i ordered a aeravator today and when it comes in i am going to see how long to make the trailer.
    that stinks.
    a friend said to cut out the bulk head?
    ant

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure you thought of this, but why not buy a bigger trailer 14' or 16' double axle and sell the smaller one. Or even better yet, just keep the smaller one for small jobs. But remember as they say "Size doesnt matter".....LOL

3. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

6" too short. go figure....

Is the problem with the ramps hinged up? Could you extend the tabs slightly which would let the ramps hang a few degrees from 90?
    Would your three point be able to raise the aerovater over the trailer header if you backed unto the trailer?
    Are you running a loader? could you raise it up over the header?
    Just some thoughts....
    Can you post a picture of your trailer?

David

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

No, never had that problem!

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have the same situation. I have an 18', and I fall just short of my walk behind in front, (I've tried turning it every which way), my Gravely 300 Promaster, (there's a space taker), and My Lazer at the back. I need a 20!:cry:

6. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

My 16' was too short so I bought a 20' and have plenty of room to put the 34" encore ztr, 60"exmark lazer and 61" scag junk (turf) tiger.

7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Let it hang out. :)

8. Me never had that problem either
    Or any complaints

9. Yep
    I did what racerdave said, hang 'em over in the front and extend the tabs on the gate.
    the gate's a little bit of an aggrivation now 'cause it's not balanced when I take out the pin. Not as bad as making two trips though.
    Dave

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

you might be able to put a side ramp on an solve your problem.