Trailer Advertisiing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kerrigan, Feb 15, 2002.

1. kerrigan

kerrigan LawnSite Member

Hey guys I am new to the site and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Anyways I am going to start selling advertising on my trailer gates this year to small local business in the area. I figured since taxi company's do this I would give it a shot. Nothing expensive something like $30.00 for the cutting season.
    Has anybody else done this or do any of you think this is a good idea. Any input would be great. With my company business of course being the focal point and others around it.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

are you a landscaper? or another business with trailers? if ur a lco then why advertise for ur competition? not sure if im following or not

3. kerrigan

kerrigan LawnSite Member

I am a landscaper I am thinking auto repair shops, independent electronics stores or restaurants. When your on the road peaple are always looking at the back of the trailer. They will see this throughout town where ever your truck is.

4. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what i figured, you mean do ads for other businesses. like a pub, or something.

maybe hook up with a maid service, or a fence guy. both could adv. for the other.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think what Bubble boy means is trade advertisement, you advertise for them they advertise for you. Something to think about: You will not be able to see through the gate this way. I don't know how that affects you but I like to see behind the trailer.
    Eric

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Just remember, anyone that is dissatisfied with any of the businesses that you are advertising for on your trailer, may indirectly relate them to you, thus possibly giving you a bad name because of the connection. It takes alot to earn a good name and someone else could be ruining it for you without you even knowing. Even though it's a different service, the fact that you are somewhat "tied together", is enough to steer people away from them and you. Just something to consider.