1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trailer alternative

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by f350, Sep 11, 2002.

1. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Besides being a GMC it looks like a nice truck..... ;)

I know I'm going to sound like Erich (some of you may know him from another site), maybe I caught his bug. A bed like that on a Cabover truck would be a great combo for a maintenance only firm.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

the GMC and the bed look great to me:D . Not really anybody around here has as set up like that, but when i was down in florida i saw a lot of setups with the landscape bed on the cab and chasis. looks really cool.
  4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

We have a similar set-up. 16ft bed on a UD cab. It works out pretty good. I'm going to try and contact the seller. It doesn't sound like a bad deal.
  5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Thats a nice rig but its a big big truck equivalent to like f750. Price is pretty decent though depending on miles.
    O wait its a gasser.
  6. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used a truck like this but have always wondered why the beaver tail and not a longer tailgate? I’ve seen these rigs around town, and they never seem to have any equipment on the beaver tail. It seems like wasted space to me. I think I could come up some sort of automatic folding tailgate without a whole lot of brain storming. I just don’t think a walkbehind or z-mower would ride well on that slope. To me the ones who put them there sort of look like the Beverly Hillbillies going down the road.
  7. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I hope u never want to haul any clippings with that thing.....
  8. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

your not supposed to transport equipment the tail section. the reason for the beaver tail is ease of loading. think of how long your gate would have to so your ride wouldn't smack it azz on the way up. my car trailer is like this. i had a buddy rip the front mount intercooler of his camaro trying to pull on a regular trailer.
  9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I carry:

60" ZTR
    72" ZTR
    54" WB
    20" push

All at once.

Right now there is a Case 1840 Bobcat tractot on it.

10. lawn storm

lawn storm LawnSite Member

do you have the 54'' wb on now , don't look like theres room or do you turn the z on side ways ?