1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Brakes

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by oldrustycars, Apr 27, 2006.

1. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

something you may not be aware of...Dexter brake assemblies complete are only a few dollars more than buying shoes and magnets.
    im getting parts for my buddies enclosed trailer, with 2 3500# axles. list price on the dexter web site is $75 for a complete 10x2 1/4 electric brake. list on shoes and a magnet is almost 60, throw in springs which should be done, or an adjuster and you went over a new assembly. and i found new complete assemblies on the web for 38 apiece, 11 shipping. then its just 4 bolts and 2 wires, and you have new brakes. dont forget to get the drums turned. just a helpful hint i learned along tome ago.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I discovered the same thing last year when I put elec brakes on my trailer, i bought all the pieces and then discovered you could buy them as a set for half price. DOH!
  3. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

Hey guys, where is a good place to get a brake kit for trailers? I have a 6x16 and want to put brakes on it.
  4. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

search for the Dexter Axle web site. they have pics and part numbers of everything you need, plus they list their dealers. i found a truck parts store near me also carried everything i needed.