Trailer Brakes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DLAWNS, Jun 11, 2008.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just though that I would post a pretty ridiculous story. I was driving to my first job today and realized mt trailer brakes were not working. As soon as I got to the first house I checked things out and everything seemed to be in working order until I looked under the trailer and realized the brake wires were cut. I don't really have enemies. I have one former employee that was recently fired for a number of reasons. I don't think he's stupid enough to play games but you never know. I filed a police report just to have it on record in case there were any future problems. I just figured that I would post my story. Anyone have anything similar happen to them or anything to add to my story?

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

seems like a stupid idea thats not going to hurt someone like cutting truck brakes it will only wear on your truck more...

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've had my light wires look like they'd been cut but it's usually more to do with wear and tear, maybe they got caught on something?

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I'm saying. It seems pretty stupid to me, too. We got some pretty dumb people around me.

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I was thinking but its only like 6 months old and I can't see both of them going at the same time. It seems too coincidental to me.

6. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

im not sure what you guys tow for equipment. but for us its two ztrs a wb and a 18 foot 10k landscape trailer being towed with a f350 srw and if the brakes are not working and you had to make a quick stop it would not be a good thing!! forget about it, if the road was wet.

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 16' enclosed with a ZTR and a walk behind among other small things. Its pulled by a Chevy 2500 HD with a dump insert. Its harder to stop but its not too terrible. I'm going to fix it in the morning before we go out.