Trailer brand?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Larson Lawn Care, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Tires will wear out faster with tandems. The back axle has to "slide" to make turns which is what causes the tires to wear out much quicker. But it's usually a set every 2 years, so that's not a lot of money. Just make sure you buy radials and not those bi ply that come on them. The bi ply will wear out in under a year.

I would look at kaufman trailers.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heav...atalog/Tandem-Landscape-Utility-Trailers-c61/

They make great quality trailers especially for the money. Lots of options for a low price.

2. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I went with a 16' Doolittle, it's a great trailer... So far.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

If you plan on using it every day plan on replacing the tires every year. I have had my tandem for two years, and need to replace all four But I only use the trailer two days a week during mowing season.

4. Centralmichiganlawncare

Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member

I have bi ply on mine and looking at changing to radials this week.

5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure how these will perform or if they're your size but I couldn't resist the bargain so I ordered up two for myself:
    http://www.vulcantire.com/tire_detail/pktrailerking_t.htm_8846

Which, that's another thing, always pay attention to the tire's Load Range.
    Keep in mind with Load Range letters the A rating is the lowest load range and it goes UP the scale while going DOWN the alphabet so a B tire is heavier duty than an A and the C is even tougher than the B and so on... Mine are generally C for a single axle, not sure what with two axles thou.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013