1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Break-away

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Mar 5, 2011.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Stupid question, I suppose, but what do you use to attach the trailer break-away cable to the tow vehicle? I assume there is some type of clip, etc, that would work, but I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. Thanks.
  2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Don't know what is called but the latch I use looks like a rock climbing thing. A oval with a spring loaded side that you push in.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I put the loop around the hitch pin then put the cotter pin thru the end. Or a clip and clip it on the loop where you hook your chains.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hope it helps

6. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing I use. Can find them anywhere. Just clip it in the same place as safety chains.
  7. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

just be sure you have plenty of slack in that thing...lol...those things can be dangerous...if you turn sharp it can pull it out slaming the brakes on the trailer on..this happened to my dad pulling a huge camper...luckily he was only going like 1mph when it happened lol