1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trailer cage (box)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn storm, Feb 22, 2003.

1. lawn storm

lawn storm LawnSite Member

what would or do you , all that have them , use them for ?

weed eaters will just get bang up, and i don't think a back pac blower can fit nor a rake.so is it just for gas cans and shovels ?
  2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a seperate "rakerack" on the front of the basket on our open tailer for shovels & rakes. We keep only one can of gas in the basket...a small 2 gallon can of 2-stroke. We keep 2-six gallon cans on the floor of the trailer. We use the basket to carry a toolbox...spare blades...trimmer line...WD-40 etc...just any small odd things you may need while out on a site.

3. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

Chainsaws, gas cans, hedge trimmers, tools, backpack sprayer, and anything alse you want to keep off the floor of the trailer and locked up!
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is two-level. The lower shelf holds two backpack blowers (one on each side), Chainsaw, handhed hedgesaw, and Igloo water cooler. The upper shelf holds two Snapper mowers, (one bagger, one side discharge, and a Mclane edger. (the Snappers rarely get used anymore, so the edger usually rides down in the trailer). The trimmers have their own racks in the sides.
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

My cage will hold a bp on each end, a chainsaw and various shorter hand tools,like a pick for ex., a couple of tarps, and a small tool box. That's what I have in there right now anyway. I can get a pic, if requested. Its not wide enough for shovels, rakes and such. Trimmers go on the rack.
  6. lawn storm

lawn storm LawnSite Member

green man yes post a pic . i would like to see how the cage is made on each end for back pac blowers.....................

runner do you got any pics? im looking for ideals on how to make one ?
  7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Here's one..

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

sorry, kinda hard to see that one...

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

last one...

10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Nice trailer;)