Trailer cages?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Tom'sLandscapeDesign, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Tom'sLandscapeDesign

Tom'sLandscapeDesign LawnSite Member

How many of you guys have cages at the front of your trailer? Im looking for something I can put a couple blowers, some gas cans and maybe a cooler into, and still be able to sneak the deck of my WB under.

2. CutnEdgLwnCare

CutnEdgLwnCare LawnSite Member

I don't have a cage on the front of my trailer but I am interested in the answer to this question also since I am planning to put one on my trailer in the winter.

3. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I have a cage on the front of mine. I would advise having the gas cans lower like what I did in these pics. You can see part of my cage in the back ground. It is just a regular 2X2 cage, I don't know what the length of it is though. I got so tired of lifting those dam cans in and out, especially when they are full.

Photo1863.jpg

4. Tom'sLandscapeDesign

Tom'sLandscapeDesign LawnSite Member

Whats up with the water bottles on the gas cans?

5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a cage on the front of mine. It holds the blower and other misc tools really well and out of the way. The wb deck as well as the front half fit under the cage just fine. Just get a good lock to replace the pin.

6. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Somehow the caps go missing, so those nestle water bottles fit perfectly over and don't blow off :)

7. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the Jungle Jim Rack on their website. I have one and really like it. It holds a blower on each end and both my gas cans, a chain saw, my sprayer and a toolbox. It also has a cable that runs thru the handles of everything including the blowers and locks.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i built a box out of angle iron and plywood. it does not have a top so you can not lock it but i may add one soon

9. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in the process of building one for myself. I'll take a few pics tonight and show you what I'm doing. I'm making it out of plywood and 2x4's that will be painted after the product is finished.