trailer caps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, May 24, 2001.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

My landscaping trailer has thoes black wheels, ugly. What can I do to make them look better. Hubcaps, paint? What? Where can I get it? thankx :D

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I got a set of hubcaps from Kmart for $40. They weren't my choice for a wheel, the selection was limited for a 15 inch wheel. JC whitney has a big selection.

3. Just Turned Pro

Just Turned Pro LawnSite Member

Check out some larger boat dealers, supply stores, or catalogs. They usually have some nice custom wheels for boat trailers... If they don't have any that will fit on your trailer maybe they can point you in the right direction.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I see you are from Hobart. Being from the east side of Chicago myself I can steer you to my cousins Vito and Bubba and they can get you som caps cheap.
    Otherwise Hubcap City on the Riverdale/Dixmoor boarder ,about 138th and Ashland will fix ya up.

Keep your doors locked.;)

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Buy a set of chrome wheels for it. Please don't put hubcaps on it!:eek:

6. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

How much are chrome trailer wheels? I was also thinking of thoes white ones. Do you guys think thoes look okay.

7. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Summit - I think the white spoked wheels look fine for a while, but then the rust stains begin to show - ugh! (BTW, I HATE rust! Loved the aluminum wheels on the Mack I used to drive, but then again I didn't have to pay for 'em............)

I don't know how much $ chrome wheels cost, but the problem with rust & pitting will still be there if your trailer will see service when the salt is on the roads. Staying on top of cleaning & polishing will keep the chromies looking sharp for a long time, it just takes effort.

I don't know what style wheels your trailer has or what sort of caps will fit, but one of my friends has a car trailer whose 15" rims fit 1/2 ton GMC pickup ('70's/'80's style) hubcaps - the ones that cover part of the wheel rather than the whole thing. Black trailer/black wheels with the caps looks pretty sharp. Just an idea.