Trailer Courts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawndreamer, Jun 4, 2003.

1. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

Does anyone mow trailor lots in Trailor courts. In order to get started I was wondering If it would be a good Idea to hit these for I live in the country and Trailor courts are more conventient.

2. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

i don't think i would be interested in a mobile home community, lots of obstacles, not to mention the hidden treasures, and all the vehicles with possibly gravel around, i think i would avoid it myself, but i would have to see it for sure. if it had paved roads through-out maybe, the gravel no way...

good luck

3. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

Folks your reading this but please respond I'd realy like to know if it is a good Idea. Do u think the trailer court folks will pay or Should I go to the city and try and start. I realy want to do weed control and fert full time but I need to start inexpensive and I figure this may be a good place to start. Please weigh in.

4. Angelo

Angelo LawnSite Member

I don't know about the trailer courts in Kentucky but in Connecticut most of them are rather unkept, grass is more like weeds, and I would definately ask for the money up front.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

:D

And the mirrored ball lawn ornaments!

If small lots are your specialty, and you find a trailer park that specifies that the home owner (Ahem....Trailer owner) is responsible for lawn mowing, then yes. I always thought that it was included though?

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Alright, I'll stick my neck out. First, to anyone living in a trailer, I'm sorry if this offends you. Lawndreamer, why would you want to target trailer parks? Most folks that live in trailer parks do so because it is a "reasonable" place to live. Most don't have the extra money for luxuries such as lawn maint. Target the more prosperous areas of your town. Again, sorry if I offended anyone.

Mike

7. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

I mow 2 trailer parks in my area and the agreement started out that i would mow the common areas of both for $130. then as the season went along he added individual lots for me to mow a @$8 per lot in now have 17 lots to mow, havent hit anything major (few golf ball sized rocks) but havent broken anything so now every week from them I get $266 split two ways for 3 easy hours of mowing. no trimming. So depending on the deal it can be a great prospect.(no late payments yet for 2 yrs.) :D

Jared Lawn Maintenance

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Be carefull! I was working with a fellow who was just starting out. He trimmed around the entire base of the trailer. He ripped the hell out of the skirting with the trimmer. He never told the owner and never went back to cut it again.

9. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We mow a a trailer dealer and have yet to ripp anything. Theres no reason to get that close.

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Use to do a retirement community (over 55 no kids). Plus the club house, berm and entrance. Made decent money from them. Priced each by the cut lump sum. So each double wide was $5 to edge was another $1.50 (twice per month) then the other areas were priced differently. You have to hump them but five guys cut about 4-5 hundred per day. We had 925 units plus the extras. This was about seven years ago.