Trailer dump of mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Stihl036pro, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

This year I would like to order a trailer dump of mulch. I think there is about 75 yards in one of them. Im sure that a lot of you guys here use that method. I have been buying mulch from a local company and only get a 10% discount. I need to make more profit off this product. What are the pro and cons. I have'nt ran any numbers yet but how much more profit do you think I would make by doing it this way. Thanks for the help!! -MIKE-

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Well you need a place to store it and a way to load it.

3. Stihl036pro

Yea, I got a place and a machine to load it with. Thats not the problem. I'm just thinking of the extra dough I will be making

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

last year i think it was 17 a yard in bulk so how much r u paying a yard

5. WeatherMan

I kept around 100 yards on stock at all times during the season we purchase it in bulk for $9.75 a Yard and charge any where from $65 to $95 installed

6. WeatherMan

Dusty
    How much do you buy at a time for $17 that sounds High

7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

As long as you can sell it ..why not? The extra time you must be spending going for pick up must really add up.

8. Stihl036pro

Mulch whare I was buying it from was retailing Brown Cedar for 33 per yard. I am buying it for 28 per yard. Thats a lot compared to buying it in bulk. The premium hemlock mulch which I absolutey love reatails for 40 a yard. I have a hard time selling that mulch becasue of the price. I think its the best thing going expect for the price. Anyone else like the premium Hemlock.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

that price is 4 the brown or black dyed mulch
    i think we get 60 yards at a time not totaly sure i take it from a friend we can get it cheeper if we commit to more product but we dont have the room
    if i was to buy it from the local mulch place it would be 25 a yard

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member