1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer & Equip Stolen... Southeastern US!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dklawncare, Apr 23, 2004.

1. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,
    I had my enclosed trailer stolen last night in Nashville, TN.... I had a 2002 52" Lazer Z HP and a 2 wk. old 48" Metro in there. It also had 2 Shindaiwa Trimmers, a chainsaw, hedge trimmer, and Husky air tools. The trailer was a white enclosed trailer with big green letters on all 3 sides that said "DK LAWN CARE" and then had my phone number under that. The trailer's left brakelight is actually out, so it might be easy to spot. But I just thought I would put it out there in the unlikely case that someone has seen something fishy in the Southeastern US area. The Trailer is a 7 x 12 white Apple Valley Cargo. There were some witnesses to the theft where I live, but the only description of the suspects is that they were hispanic, which doesn't really help me out. If anyone has heard anything then you can email me at my personal address at socrdave@aol.com. Thanks guys.
  2. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Man, I am sorry to hear that. Absolutley devastating. What part of Nashville? I'm in M'boro & H'ville. I'll be sure to keep my eyes out, seriously.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry to hear that. TN plates on trailer? Do you have the serial #'s for the mowers. Never know how far that stuff will go. will keep eyes in NC.
  4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I know I would be devistated. Just guessing (Shorty) I would assume DK might live in the South Nashville area. I have a buddy that works around Murfessboro Rd. & Thompson Lane, and I'll tell him to be on the look-out.
  5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man,I would go under right now if my stuff was stolen. I hope you dont, and sorry to hear about that.:cry:

I hate to say this, but you may as well start looking for new stuff because you will probably never see them again.
  6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear of your misfortune. That happened to a friend last year, and almost put him out of business. He ended up renting another LCO's extra equip. until he could get back on his feet. I bought a hitch lock the day he told me, and use it every day. Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open just in case it makes it's way a little north.
  7. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

dklawncare ... sorry to hear the bad news ... I have considered an enclosed trailer for security reasons and this has made me rethink again the possibility of losing everything in one big swoop ... did you have insurance ... mine covers only stolen property over $2K ... kinda strange but at least the Z's will be replaced ... will have to bite the bullet on the rest ... for added protection I now carry my dogs (Boxers) ... they can smell thieves a mile away ... let us know how it turns out ... no replacement for experience, and to all, never let your guard down .
  8. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I actually found out today that there were two guys, and they hauled it away it a White-Astro looking MINIVAN!!! That was a heavy trailer...The van had stripes and did have TN tags.... Right now I am going to pick up a new trailer form Mid TN trailer sales and a new 52 Lazer Z HP from Hendersonville... I am going to get a open trailer and store it somewhere, can't take a hit like this for a long time...
  9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep my eyes and ears open. I have had a few 2stroke tools taken in the last year or so from people that no doubt were following me around. Also had another LCO that services a lawn across from me tell me that a Ford Explorer circled around the block several times and when he started cutting the back lawn the LCO observed 2 hispanics with his trimmers running to the Explorer. The LCO yelled at them and they dropped his stuff and took off. He moved his vehichle to the cust. driveway and they made the loop again but didn't end up with anything. Also have a friend who's bobcat and trailer was stolen. They cut the hitch off his dump truck to gain access, and it has never been recovered.
  10. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

My paps has a 94 astro van with 6 cyl. Dont be fooled by those, they can haul anything. We tow our salmon fishing boat with it...EASILY.. The boat is close to 10 k lbs.

Sorry to hear of the misfortune. I bought an enclosed trailer two days ago to protect everything./ At everystop i lock each door. Kinda time consuming but you can never be to carefull. Glad to hear you had the cash on hand to buy new stuff.