1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer floor?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Tharrell, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

What do you guys treat your trailer floor with if anything?
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Thomson water sealant and I apply it with a sprayer. I do it at least once sometimes twice a year just depending on the wood.
  3. Tharrell

It's brand new treated lumber, do I need to wait a while before treating it. Should I get it done before winter? It's going to be on my carport this winter.
  4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this dont pertain to your ? but me and my wife goes to charlotte for nascar and stumbled in to Mt. Airy. What a neat town you live every body is friendly esp. being a andy Gr. fan when i was a kid. Even got my pic. taken in Floyds barbershop.
  5. Tharrell

Yeah, it's charming. Did you get a porkchop sandwich from Snappy Lunch next door to Floyds? If not, you missed out!
  6. Choctaw Scalper

Choctaw Scalper LawnSite Member

I apply 1 gallon of used motor oil, to 1/4 gallon of diesel. Mix it in an old sprayer and spray it down or put it in a can and brush it on. Little messy for a few days but I have seen trailer decks last for years. Just treat it about 1 time a year or as it gets dry.
  7. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i have the composite decking, no need to treat it, worth the investment. but a good wood sealer from home depot or lowes will work fine, also some deck paint will work well.
  8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, to keep the story going the night before we went to dinner at a buffet up the road from our motel. The motel had a old ford squad car , and a old truck with Emmits shop on the side. The young waitress at the rest. told us about the pork chop sandwich at the diner she worked at in mornings. We went there the next day and she was so excied to see us. That pork chop sandwich was so big for very little cost and the cole slaw and jelly on it was very surprising and good. You live in one hell of a town every one was so nice. We came back home and told everyone in Mt. Airy when folks say hi how are you doing they mean it. By the way , what was this thread about?:clapping:
  9. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about a Rhino linning for the deck of my trailer. Seems best to me for all the abuse the trailer gets.
  10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Yea, it seems best until you see the price for it ;)