Trailer for Skid Steer that hold attatchments....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Guido, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I was flipping through "Pro" magazine last night and saw an ad for the power-track skid loader backhoe or whatever the heck this thing is on page 22. I didn't look twice at the machine itself, but at the trailer.....It holds up to 16 attatchments for the machine that can all be attatched and detatched from outside the trailer. I thought that this was an awesome idea. I was just thinking of the time savings if I could have a trailer like that for my bobcat excavator and one for the bobcat skid steers. It was save sooo much time if all the attatchments were ready to go and loaded up all the time. Maybe on a digging job that you encounter some ledge on with your mini - x, you can just hook up the impactor. No going back to the shop, etc.

Does anyone have a trailer or setup lke this? I think they have these deals with the dingo's or machines like that.

There website doesn't have a picture of the trailer but there is a good one in the magazine. If I find a pic I'll post it.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i know what youre talking about. i dont have a machine, but ive seen em. looks like a good set up. toro has a trailer for the dingo with all the attachments as well. its a good idea. i see a lot of guys with bobcats around that create their own trailer to hold all the attachments
  3. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I had 2 heavy pieces of tubing welded under the frame of my trailer to hold a set of forks. Before that I had to put the forks in the bucket or bucket on the forks and tie them down. Now they go to every job with me.
  4. PRapoza451

PRapoza451 LawnSite Member

I have a Dingo and one of the best features is the trailer. It's great! Everything onsite where and when you need it. I just bought a CAT 246 skid steer, 11" hoe, forks and trailer and will have my welder set it up to carryall, like the Dingo trailer. One complaint about the Dingo trailer is all the wait is up by the tongue, mine started to crack:( . The auger and trencher, the two heaviest attachments, also the forks are up there. So think about even weight distribution when designing it.:)
  5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Great idea...I never thought of that, the forks are an easy one! ...if you have a digital camera or scanner, take a picture of it for me if you get the chance.

Same with you Paul when you have that trailer fabricated up, I'd like to see it to get some ideas. I may have to break the welder out his winter and see what happens! ;)
  6. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine has this idea with an older moving van style trailer for his semi. He can haul his skid and his tractor inside and is making a shelving type unit that accesses from the side door for attachments. Oughta be pretty cool when its done but not many of us go to job sites with tractor trailer setups!
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

definately get a pic of it for us when its done. could look really professional when hes all done and lettered up.