Trailer FS $1000

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by michiganlands, Nov 27, 2007.

1. michiganlands

michiganlands LawnSite Member
    from z 5

16' w/dovetail and ramp gate. Brakes, water cooler rack, removable stake sides. $1000. Free delivery in Michigan.

16trailer.jpg

2. michiganlands

from z 5

80" inside width

3. michiganlands

from z 5

nice deck, plenty of tie-downs. haul cars, mowers, tractors, you name it.

4. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing like doing fall clean ups with snow still on the ground. Did this one today and we were basically blowing snow and ice along with the wet ass leaves. After we were done it was the only house on the street with no snow on the lawn. We dumped 3600lbs of leaves today, but it should have weighed half that if it were still dry out.

5. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

what year is this trailer? does it have a title? what kind of shape are the tires in? what is the rating of the axles, what size/kind of hitch? Jack work ok? Could you post a pic of the tongue from the side and front, could you also post of the gate down taken from the side? Kind of a lot of questions, but it should cover most of them lol =o) Thanks

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I could see hauling some mowers on here or something, and it may have even been done before, but I would certainly not recommend a car on this trailer.

7. michiganlands

from z 5

I'll post more pics in the morning, but more info: Year is a 1995, redone almost entirely last winter. have title. axles are 3500 each, jack works great, breakaway box, etc. i'll just put up more pics and let it speak for itself. I have hauled 2 trucks on it, without issue.

8. michiganlands

from z 5

seperate events (one truck at a time of course)

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the trailer itself looks fine, and I have no doubt the suspension is there. It is the tongue construction that I was referring to. Any trailer that is designed to haul substantial loads that utilize that size of steel are built with what is called a wrapped tongue (car haulers and such). What this is, is the tongue is mitered as one piece, and goes not only under the trailer, but then runs down the sides - sometimes to the front axle.
    Regardless, this trailer is worth every bit of a thousand dollars - if not more.

10. michiganlands

from z 5

Runner, I agree 100 percent, and thank you for not bashing my equipment while I try to sell it (as so many try to do on this site)