1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Gate Assist

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BBallkid42, Jun 18, 2011.

1. LiveGreenLawn

LiveGreenLawn LawnSite Member

$50.00 plus shipping from north carolina. Comes in original box,hardware,instructions. 1 spring. Let me know
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

3. BBallkid42

BBallkid42 LawnSite Member

Does it usually only need one spring or would I have to buy another?

4. LiveGreenLawn

If you go to their website they ask you what size your gate is and tell you how many springs you need. I thought I needed 2 but only needed one in the end. I like it because it does not take up room on rail on trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. BBallkid42

Problem is I don't know how much my gate weighs. It is 4' high and is on my 8' landscaping trailer. I was thinking that this gate only weighs about 80-90 lbs but not sure.

6. BBallkid42

LiveGreenLawn could you post a picture of your elegator up? I would be very interested in buying one from you.

7. LiveGreenLawn

Ok will post pic when I get home
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

1 Spring will hold 125lb gate.If he will take $50 for it you should buy it. I was asking more than that for mine or I will keep it and put it on my 2nd trailer I am building for hauling leaves.Be sure to follow the directions as far as mounting it.

9. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

Take a piece (or 2) of angle iron about 2' long weld at right angle to top rail you might need to weld a brace on the front from top of angle to top rail drill a hole in the angle iron and a hole in the outer edge of the gate and put eye bolts in, then hook a garage door spring to the eye bolts with cable and cable clamps be sure to mount the angle iron far enough forward that the spring puts enough force on the gate to lift it and that it clears the gate when its up. If you want you can put a piece of plastic pipe over the spring incase it breaks.

10. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

installed my gorilla lift yesterday aftrenoon in about 45 minutes. It is absolutely the best investment i have made so far