trailer gate? where to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 13, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I have a open car trailer I bought about 5 years ago. I'm looking to turn it into a landscape trailer. It shouldn't take much to do that, but where would I be able to find a steel mesh ramp/gate for the rear? Right now it has a dove tail, with ramps that pull out. I figured i'd cut them off straight, weld up the gate. It's got a double axle so it holds alot of weight.
  2. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

With the price of steel (and every freakin' thing else for that matter), increasing the first of the year (2004) you might be better of to buy a new one or try and sell that trailer and buy a new one. I was facing the same delima 1 month ago. I went ahead and bought a new tandem axle still @ 2003 price. I couldn't find anyone that could come close to the modification without enormous costs involved because of steel prices plus labor,...hope this will help. JW
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Build youself a new gate. I spent less than a 100 to put up a 5x4'gate on my trailer. Let me tell you it could hold a tank. I went a little over kill. took me less than 3 hours to weld and get on trailer. + another 50min to paint.