Trailer Gate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CleanCutLawn09, Apr 15, 2004.

1. CleanCutLawn09

CleanCutLawn09 LawnSite Member

Guys I have been running my biz out of a regular old trailer w/ no gate, ive just always used my atv ramp that folds up, Well ive been making a little extra lately & wanted to put a gate on. Where can i get the gate ? you know of any way to get the steel mesh metal gate from some metal distributor and buy some hindges to mount it myself ? Ive got a welder and can do it myself. Wanted to get out of this a cheaply as possible! thanks for the help

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

If you have a welder, why not go ahead and buy the materials you need and weld it together from scratch? You will probably save alot of money. I don't even know where you would search for an already put together gate. Just go out and buy the angle iron and expanded metal and bust it out yourelf.

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

look for one. One that will weld for you and let you buy the metal...this gate cost [in labor and materials] 275.00 US.

dropgate.jpg

4. captken

glad to have you aboard...I mow Bartlett, Memphis, and Desoto County Miss....

If you mow for a livin' you're in the right place...we'll take care of you!

5. CleanCutLawn09

Capt. Ken know of any places to get this gate done in the area ? I was just looking for the piece of mesh metal weld some hinges and save the money got any bright idea ? I have worked this bussiness for about 3 yrs w/ my dad dad got out of the business and i'm tring to get back in it, know all the basics.....Ive got 13 yards right now and tring to get more, if you come across any in bartlett, raliegh, cordova, memphis area that you aren't interested in let me know & if i come across a huge accont that I cant handle w/ my smaller equip. Ill let you know !! sound good ?

6. CleanCutLawn09

Oh yeah woody, that what im tring to do....all i want to know is where and how to get the metal and ill weld the rest....

7. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

CleanCutLawn,

I have a friend in Parkway Village area who weld on the side. He is a steel fabricator by trade. He helped me build a nice leaf trailer in the fall. If you would like I can get you in touch with him. He has reasonable prices also..

Tim
    Southaven, MS

8. captken

I had someone in Benton County, Ms. weld this for me...I'm sorry that I don't know someone who will weld inexpensively in Memphis....However, I can provide you with the name of a mobile welder....but I don't think this is the best choice for you...You might consider talking to the quys located on Summer Ave. near the Kawasaki dealership....on the right headed East...I seem to remember they advertise "trailer repair" right on Summer Ave...they might be able to help you, just talk to them and work something out,...kenny.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Pat's Trailer Sales on Summer just past the viadock(sp??). They do all my trailer work on both trailers. Builds very nice stuff.

10. captken

My friend Eric, in Memphis, told me about you. I live very close in Southaven. Good to hear from you, kenny. See above post...65hoss.