1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Gates

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by smitty's lawncare, Jan 15, 2013.

1. smitty's lawncare

smitty's lawncare LawnSite Member

Heres the deal, i have a 5x8 tilt trailer. I am so sick of tilting my trailer to get my mower into it. I was wanting to weld the trailer onto the tongue so the trailer will not tilt anymore then i was going to put a gate on it. I was wondering where i could buy a gate and hinges for my trailer? Thanks for all the help guys!
  2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I would check with a trailer dealer, they usually will sell them.
  3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

A welding shop should be able to fabricate one for to you.
  4. ironchef66

ironchef66 LawnSite Member

I had this same scenario,I went to a local weldingshop and told them I wanted a ramp. 3 days later I got a call saying they were done. It was like 200 dollars. It's great it's removable and super heavy duty
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah just have one fabricated. Any welding shop should be able to do it no problem.
  6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I was going to have this done for my old 5x8. I got a quote of 185 and he had one there to show me. I was going to do it but then I decided to buy a bigger trailer. Any shop should be able to do it
    Posted via Mobile Device