1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Gates

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by smitty's lawncare, Jan 15, 2013.

1. smitty's lawncare

smitty's lawncare LawnSite Member

Heres the deal, i have a 5x8 tilt trailer. I am so sick of tilting my trailer to get my mower into it. I was wanting to weld the trailer onto the tongue so the trailer will not tilt anymore then i was going to put a gate on it. I was wondering where i could buy a gate and hinges for my trailer? Thanks for all the help guys!

2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I would check with a trailer dealer, they usually will sell them.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

A welding shop should be able to fabricate one for to you.

4. ironchef66

ironchef66 LawnSite Member

I had this same scenario,I went to a local weldingshop and told them I wanted a ramp. 3 days later I got a call saying they were done. It was like 200 dollars. It's great it's removable and super heavy duty

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah just have one fabricated. Any welding shop should be able to do it no problem.

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I was going to have this done for my old 5x8. I got a quote of 185 and he had one there to show me. I was going to do it but then I decided to buy a bigger trailer. Any shop should be able to do it
    Posted via Mobile Device