Trailer help please!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by davis45, Oct 22, 2007.

1. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

OK, right now im running two 48" mowers. I am buying another 66" next week. Problem is i dont want to have to unload everything to get what i need.

The side gate trailers around here come with a 48" side gate. Does anyone know where i can get a 5 foot side gate? or one big enough to fit my 48" mower through? I dont want to drive forever so i would like for it to be delivered or within a reasonable distance from here(central illinois)3-4' sides are a bonus too. Thanks for any help.

2. chevytrucks84

chevytrucks84 LawnSite Member

Davis- I would call Johnson Trailer Sales in Ogden. He deals with so many trailer manufactures that if it is posssible to get it then I would bet he can. I bought a trailer from him last year and going to buy a dump trailer from him this winter. He has real good prices too. Any other questions let me know.

Patrick

3. davis45

thank you. does he happen to have a website or phone number?

4. chevytrucks84

chevytrucks84 LawnSite Member

his number is 217-583-2301 let me know if you need anything else... they are closed wednesdays though

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of trailers depend on the top rail for support. I wouldn't modify one, I'd buy one already designed for a side gate (and I did).

6. davis45

sorry i guess my post was kind of confusing. I meant where can i buy one with a 5ft side gate installed. All my local places only carry 4 ft wides. But i found a place a few hours down the road. Thanks for the help.