1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLM-1, Aug 5, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a car trailer that i use to mow with every once in a while when i bag grass. I hate using it because I don't want to tear it up. I usually use my 5x10. I am thinking about getting a bigger one but i am having trouble finding trailer dealers. any ideas in SW MO???

Thanks guys!

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Check your local Yellow Pages.

3. gardengnome

gardengnome LawnSite Member

trailer manufacturer sites i've seen have a locator feature to point you to the closest dealer.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Home Depot now handles small trailers...open and closed style.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

as stupid as it sounds it is actually hard to find trailers around here..new or used! we have 2 dealers here and they are all really expensive for no reason. 7 x 16 open..no brakes, ramp, or even a tongue jack...for $3100? come on!

6. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

If they are that much then it would pay you to find a dealer 1000mi or ever 2000 mi away and go get it. Around here a 14 X 6.5 is $999. Go to Texas most trailers are made there anyway.

7. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive down to Texas, you won't have any trouble finding a trailer. I have never been to Tulsa, but I bet they are abundant down there as well.

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, Home Depot here in R.I. actually has some pretty decent open trailers and at a good price.

9. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Tennessee and Kentucky have a crap load of trailor dealers. Seriously my buddy moved down to Tn. and i went down to help him move and they were everywhere all kinds of people makin them and sellin them. I bought my first trailor down there and saved a lot of cash. around here there are not many dealers at least cheap dealers. only cost 2 tank fulls petro there and back and that was it.