Trailer Hitch Mounted To Front Of Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ocalalawns, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

Has anyone mounted a hitch to the front of a ZTR. I just bought a new Scag Tiger Cub 48" 19hp kawi and picked up a used class I hitch that I was going to cut and bolt or weld to the front. I need one in the front to be able to put my trailer up (only 6x10). Any ideas on best way to mount and how it will effect ztr in long run.:hammerhead: Thanks

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have front and rear receivers on most of my equipment. I mount different attachments on them. Aerators, fert spreaders, sprayers, sweepers, etc.

3. Ocalalawns

Here Is What I Ended Up Doing

IM000092.JPG

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Bolt that beast incase you go to resell it. Plus you better watch that you don't void your warranty.

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

a good dealer shouldnt mess with you for that

6. Ocalalawns

I bolted it threw the original frame holes using 3" long bolts. I checked with the dealer first and they said it wouldn't void my warranty.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

theres a company that sells this type.

X-Mark%20bracket.jpg

8. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

I've tried to contract that guy 3 times (via phone and E-mail) and he doesn't respond. I don't think he's in business any more. http://www.4mowerproducts.com/

Ocalalawns, do you have any other pictures you could post on your set-up? I've got an Exmark so I certain it won't be exactly the same but I'd love to see how you did it.

Thanks!

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Make your own

10. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

That's the idea John.;) Since I can't buy one, I'll make it myself. Before I go attaching/welding something to my ZTR I try to review as many ideas as I can. I want it to work and look professional like Ocalalawns.