Trailer Hitch Question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Weekend Warrior, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior LawnSite Member

I just got a new 10' Haulmark today. I've got a 96 Yukon 4WD That rides pretty high, but not jacked up. I need to install a trailer hitch under my bumper. My question is:

1. Will this be possible with my dual exhaust?
    2. If so, who is the best between Reese, Drawtite and Valley?
    3. What would it cost to have done by a pro?

Thanks for your time and input.

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Suggestion: Go to your local U-Haul Dealer. They seem to have the best deals. I favor the Resse, then the Drawtite. Don't particularly like the Valley hitches. You should be done for $ 200 or less.

3. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

Just go down to TSC or order online, I got a class IV hitch (10,000) pound hitch from TSC for $100. Most models are no drilling and easy to install. Its an acme brand Im happy with it.

4. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Reese & Drawtite are the same co. I am not familiar w/ Valley products. U-haul uses Drawtite as far as I know. Depending on how much they want for the install & how much time you have to put it on, it may be worth it. Good luck.
    Chris

5. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior LawnSite Member

After wasting 3 hours today on the Reese that I got from a local auto parts store, I'm going to Uhaul to have them install one. I was able to get my money back. What a pain, none of the holes lined up, and when they did, the bolts provided weren't long enough.