Trailer Ideas

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by mwalz, Aug 10, 2013.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking i might have to get a trailer for a toro 36" walk behind. I also would want to fit a push mower on with it as well. My mom doesn't like the idea of pulling a trialer since im only a teenager but a trailer would make things a lot easier than fitting it in the bed of my Chevy s-10 pickup. Should i try to find a used trailer somewhere? Or buy a frame for around $150 and put my own gate and plywood boards down on it. All I've ever had to haul is a push mower and its ok with just a truck bed, a trailer is the way to go for the 36". Just maybe any advice would help me out.

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Listen to your mom and save your money and truck. Get ramps so you can drive the wb right into the bed of your truck.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a trailer. You won't have to worry about beating the bed of the truck up either

Ramps are an accident waiting to happen imo

4. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

where do you do most of your work? Some places are a real PAIN to have the additional footprint over the truck itself. Some neighborhoods, having a trailer would mean blocking three driveways.

5. Southern Heritage

Southern Heritage LawnSite Member

Driving the mowers into a bed of a truck using standard ramps is very unsafe. By a small trailer and be done with it.

6. mwalz

well i cut 1/4 acre lawns to probably an acre now that i'll be getting a bigger mower. A trailer wouldn't be a pain just my mom doesn't like the idea. Im thinking ramps, trimmer, blower, gas cans and a bigger mower i would be cramped on space in my bed because i have a smaller truck, i could make it work and maybe build a rack for my trimmers and blower to hang on if i had to

7. mwalz

Well i wouldn't be standing in a sulky i would guide it up there, im just thinking space would be an issue with everything in my bed of my s-10 pickup

8. mwalz

so in your opinion would i have room to fit both ramps? with echo srm-225, and a standard blower? and 2 gas cans? im thinking it would work but it would be close.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Just buy the trailer pay cash Lol

10. mwalz

well im already paying off the truck, about to spend $800 for 2 mowers, so for starters i might just put it in the bed to save money, trailers seem to be more money that i thought