Trailer Insurence?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dirtbikernas, Feb 12, 2004.

1. dirtbikernas

dirtbikernas LawnSite Member

Does anyone have trailer insurence? How much per permonth?? any one know where the cheapest is??

Nick

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I was told from the BMV that trailers are exempt from insurance so you don't need to worry about it.

3. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

jajwrigh ... your equipment/utility trailer should be insured under your truck/vehicle policy which does not include the items on the trailer ... your equipment should be covered under your company liability insurance ... at least that is how mine is set up .

4. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I have my trailer (5x10 Bigtex utility) covered separetly. It costs $16 for 6 months.

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

My 7'x16' enclosed trailer is covered under my auto policy as a rider to the auto. It increased the premium by $50.00 per year. Less that $5.00/month.

Equipment is covered under the business liability insurance, just like Gator-Town said.

6. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is also covered under my auto policy. If you call and speak with your auto ins. company they could tell you if your already covered.

7. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

It is covered under the tow vehicle's policy. You can buy extra coverage which we have for our landscape/car trailer. It was $20 for 6 months or 12 months I can't remember. It was worth it to us when you have a 4,000 pound $20,000 thousand dollar investment in tow.

Hope this helps.

8. AGLawnCare

AGLawnCare LawnSite Member

i had it covered under my auto and it only covered me up to 1,000 dollars when our trailer got totaled so you should make sure you check on the amount it is covered up to

9. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

My trailer is covered under my commercial auto insurance policy. It's also included on my liability policy as well.

10. scagman11

scagman11 LawnSite Member

Your business liability will not cover what is on the trailer. To cover the contents off the trailer it needs to be added as what is called inland marine. If a mower flies off the trailer and damages someones car or property your auto insurance will pay for that. Liability only covers the other persons property.