1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trailer length

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gdguth, Dec 17, 2009.

1. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I want to get a 14 foot trailer in the future, but not sure if it will fit into my garage. Does anyone know the total length from back to the front coupler. I currently just have a 10 footer and there is a lot of room, so I think it would fit with just the extra 4 foot. I just wasn't sure if the tounge would be a lot longer.

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Add 3 to 4 feet for the tounge to whatever legnth trailer you have....so a 14ft trailer should be about 17 to 18 feet long total.

3. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to sound like a @ZZ but why don't you just measure the depth and width of your garage and then measure the trailer your looking at to see if it would fit.

4. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Most manufacturers list specs online. So as mentioned, some easy measurements will tell you if it'll fit or not. Personally, I wouldn't park a large trailer in my garage, I'd rather park it in the backyard, tarp it down when not in use and chain the wheels together.