1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailer load of Trees

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassbandit, Mar 23, 2006.

1. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

Brought these trees home from Tennessee a couple of weeks ago. 104 trees all together. Way too much weight for that trailer but the truck did great. Blew a wheel bearing in KY, but happened to have a spare with me. I saw that coming.

Trees 1 (600 x 450).jpg

Trees 2 (600 x 450).jpg

Trees 3 (600 x 450).jpg
  2. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Holy crap is that squatting. Time for a bigger truck and trailer set up if you plan to pull things like that. :weightlifter:

3. grassbandit

Well, don't really plan to do that again. Just in the wrong place at the right time I guess.
  4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

wow thats alot of trees nice trailer/truck it looks like a bigger one next time.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, that looks safe....:nono:
  6. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Ive NEVER seen a superduty weighted down like that
  7. sounds like a good road trip from Mcminnville.
  8. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Great looking truck.. couple questions though??

- Why so many? must have been a good deal or do you have a big job your using them on?
    - Why didnt you put any in the back bed of your truck to help the weight maybe on the trailer?
    - How long a trip was it, and how did the tarp make out.. glad to see you protected them from the wind.. so many times you see guys flying down highways with landscape materials getting damaged in the wind.

Best of luck this season!!!!!!!
  9. grassbandit

yep, McMinnville.
    Great deal on trees down there. I have a buddy that runs a nursery here, and buys trees by the semi load from them. Its about 365 miles from Indy, and they load and tarp everything up, and the tarp never came loose.
  10. Thats a pretty neat area down there, I'll go there from time to time depending on the size of the job.