Trailer lock?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BigLag, Apr 6, 2008.

1. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

What kind of trailer lock do you guys use to prevent trailer theft...besides guard dogs and glocks?
    Here's to thieves...:gunsfirin

2. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i use a ball lock and then a standard master lock

and then lock it in my backyard behind a gate and then i have driveway full of cars so i dont think anybody is going to get anything out of my yard, especially with a 14 ft trailer

3. ken gustafson

ken gustafson Inactive

Check www.trailerlocksonline.com if you do not see a lock...in motion.... for what you are using...I should have one in a period of time. U.S. Patent does not give a time period for when I can release. DaPlug is the only one that does not come apart in stages in how the lock works. Ken

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan LawnSite Member

Some lowlife stole my nice solid steel tri-ball drawbar out of my receiver recently. Was in broad daylight in a busy parking lot! Guess I should have put a lock on it. Always meant to, but never got around to it. Was looking at locks today, when Iget my new drawbar it's going to be locked up somehow. Didn't really like the looks of the ones at Wal-Mart. Looked like a quick twist with a tire iron or prybar would pop them apart.

5. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

yeah...most of them look like you can get them off with hardly any trouble...let me know what you come up with...mine looks like a nice set of bolt cutters will cut them right off.

6. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

but the fact is its going to be stolen in daylight like your was bf and if you even put a lock from walmart the chances of them having a crowbar or whatnot with them at that time is not that great, i have one from wally world and it works fine and actually is really rugid. and i havent had a problem with it yet

7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan LawnSite Member

Yeah, hopefully the sight of a lock would be enough to deter 99% of the thieves out there.

8. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

if they want there going to get, a lock is nothing but a way to keep the good people out or away

9. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

i just use a good ole' padlock on my trailer, put it through where the pin goes, u can use it insted of the pin and lock it on the truck to. as for the truck i have one of those wal-mart ones and it seems to be holding up good and it seems pritty strong for what it is

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

pin lock and coupler lock for me..and if it stays for a long time a tire lock too