1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer manufacturers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4curbappeal, Jan 2, 2007.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a trailer manufacturer that makes open trailers with a side (curbside) gate? Anyone know!!! Thanks!

2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yep ... have seen many of these at Maye's Trailers just south of Greenwood on US 31 ... just inside New Whiteland. As you are going south on 31, Maye's will be on your left.

GO COLTS !!!

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

American trailer out of Cincinnati Ohio

4. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Though their website leaves a lot to be desired ... at least here is their number, or you could email them if you like. They normally carry a pretty large inventory of all kinds of trailers.

Here is the link to their site: Mayes Trailer Sales, Inc.

Dave

5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Try MSI trailers in Elkhart, IN... http://www.msitrailers.com/
    Sorry but their page is a true 56k killer with all the photos, but I've seen what you're looking for there.

6. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Just a thought here.Why would you want to get side gate?Youll need to put gate down unload mower,put gate back up to mow where gate sits,then put it back down to load mower back up.Just a thought to think abt!!!If size between yards realy that big of a deal then might be a option for ya.good luck in the upcoming season.:)

7. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you everyone! Exactly what I was looking for.

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Trailer Depot in Hagerstown MD makes them as well. I was just talking to them about this very trailer today.

Here is their phone number. 301-714-9294
    Tim

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

M&M Trailer Manufacturing in Sikeston, MO makes them at a very affordable price, its worth the drive. I just went down to get another one this summer 16' tandem axle w/drop down gate $900.00 out the door. They make all kinds of them or you can design your own.

10. bdboss

bdboss LawnSite Member

Just bought a Moritz trailer...The side gate was an option. The trailer is great and would recommend it to anyone.