1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer minimum width for 60" mower?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 32vld, May 25, 2012.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Right now I have a JD180 42" rider and a 21" pusher on a 4'x8' trailer.

I hope to move up to a 60" ZRT. May or may not go with a bagging attachment. I think a 60" mower should fit on a 6' trailer but not sure if it had a bagger if there would still be enough clearance. And would a 7' trailer work out better or wasted space.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

No such thing as wasted space on a trailer. For a 60" mower I would go 6.5' wide minimum. my open landscape trailer is 16'x6.5' I wish it was at least 20'x 7'. My enclosed is in 8.5' wide by 18' long.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im at 6' 5" and my trailer rejected the 74" Dixie Chopper demo I had....lol I vowed the next trailer will be wider for sure.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Research how far out the impeller on the bagging unit will extend off the deck, add up, and see. I would rather work with actual numbers than guess. My guess is, your gonna want a 7' wide trailer. 2 extra feet for the side attachment. (Remember to allow several feet in back of your mower too, for the bagging mount)